Our Albariño wins “Best White Wine in Show” at the 2015 New York World Wine & Spirits Competition
Congratulations to our vineyard and winemaking teams on winning “Best in Show – White Wine” at the 2015 New York World Wine & Spirits Competition! This is a tremendous honor to receive at one of the world’s most prestigious international competitions.
This Spanish grape is most well-known from the Rías Baixas region of Galecia in northwest Spain, and is also grown in parts of Portugal. Now we are delighted to find the grape also grows well in our vineyards here at Ingleside.
Last year, the 2014 Albariño received a number of Gold medals in regional and international competitions throughout the country. Other notable awards included:
- BEST IN SHOW (White Wine) – State Fair of Virginia Wine Competition 2015
- DOUBLE GOLD – American Wine Society National Commercial Wine Competition 2015
- GOLD/90 points (Exceptional) – Beverage Testing Institute’s World Wine Championships 2015
- GOLD – San Francisco International Wine Competition 2015
- GOLD – Virginia Governor’s Cup Competition 2015
- GOLD – Virginia Wine Lover Wine Classic 2015
After its initial release to members of our Estate Club, you can now purchase the 2014 Albariño in our Tasting Room and Online Store. Due to limited quantities, this wine has a 2 bottle limit to ensure that as many of our customers as possible have a chance to try this amazing wine.
UPDATE 10/16: We’re sorry, the 2014 Albariño is now sold out.