COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Updated 5/27/20 at 2:45pm
Ingleside takes the health and safety of our customers and staff very seriously. We continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. We have created this page to keep you updated of our current policies.
Courtyard Seating – Sunday & Monday, May 30 & 31 12-5pm ***Reservation Only***
We will be opening our courtyard for seating on select weekends by reservation only. Reservations are open to Estate Club members only until Friday at Noon. If tables are still available after 12pm on Friday, they may be reserved by other customers. Please read our guidelines below before making a reservation.
Reservations & General Info:
• Reservations are required and must be made by phone at 804-224-8687 during normal business hours (12-5pm daily).
• We will offer bottle sales only. (Tastings and by the glass sales will not be available.)
• You will be asked for an arrival time when you reserve. If you will be more than 30 minutes late, please call us at 804-224-8687. Otherwise your table may be released to other guests.
• Our staff will be wearing face masks for your protection while serving you.
• Visitors are encouraged to wear face masks while moving about the winery, making purchases, inside the Tasting Room and while using the restrooms. Masks may be removed while seated at your table. Visitors will need to provide their own masks. (Read Executive Order 63 which takes effect on Friday, May 29.)
• Social distancing of 6 feet or more is required while moving about the winery, when purchasing wine and when using restrooms.
• Be aware that our bathrooms may be available at reduced capacity due to social distancing requirements.
• Disposable plastic cups will be provided. Ingleside logo glasses may also be purchased at a reduced rate of $2 per glass and must be taken home after your visit.
• Contactless billing is preferred. We recommend creating an account on our website with a card on file. If you are a club member, you will already have an account.
• Our staff will be cleaning high-touch areas and bathrooms regularly throughout the day.
• Carry-out and curbside pickup will still be available all weekend.
• Please check in at the outdoor bar in the courtyard when you arrive. You will receive your table assignment.
• To speed check-in time, we encourage you to place an initial wine order for your table when making your reservation.
• Only outdoor seating is available at this time. Indoor seating is not available. Our courtyard capacity is limited to 75 people at this time.
• Only groups of 10 or less will be allowed.
• You will have your table for the entire afternoon (12-5pm).
• In case of rain, guests will not be allowed to shelter inside the winery. You will need to seek shelter in your car.
• In order to minimize staff exposure, guests are asked to clear their tables of all trash and put empty bottles in the blue recycling bins before leaving.
• Guests are welcome to bring their own food or a picnic lunch. (Please remember that outside alcohol is not allowed due to ABC licensing.)
• We will have a limited stock of cheeses, sausages and crackers available for sale. Our picnic packs are currently sold out.
• Please call us at 804-224-8687 if you need to cancel your reservation. This will allow us to make your table available to someone else.
For the safety of our staff and other guests, please do not visit if you have experienced a fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, or have known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days.
General COVID-19 Guidelines:
- Effective March 30, we will be open from 12-5pm daily.
- We are currently open for take-out, curbside pickup and shipping only. On-site consumption is not allowed. Our tasting room will be limited to 10 patrons at any time for take-away bottle purchases only. Customers must practice social distancing.
- Our courtyard seating is closed other than select weekends by reservation only.
- Tastings and wine by the glass sales will not be available at this time.
- Tours will not be available at this time.
- As much as we love to see our customers, our staff will be asked not to hug or shake hands. We will greet you with a smile and a friendly wave instead. We still love you!
- We will be cleaning bathrooms, counters and high traffic door handles throughout the day.
- CDC handwashing guidelines will be posted in each restroom.
- Rentals of our guest cottages, The Pointe and Summerton, have been put on hold until further notice. We will notify customers once we resume rentals.
- All public events thru May 31 have been canceled. Our Run the Vineyards 5/10k has been postponed to July 18. Other event decisions will be announced as they become available. Check out our weekly virtual tastings in the meantime.
How can you help?
- In order to keep everyone safe, we ask you to please not visit if you are sick or have been knowingly exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
- We encourage visitors to wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible.
Please be aware that our event schedule is subject to change as we receive new information and directives. These procedures are subject to change as additional information or guidelines are suggested by federal or state leadership.
We thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. Your support and patronage, as always, are much appreciated!
Ways to purchase our wine now:
1) Take-Out: Take-out purchases may be picked up at our Tasting Room. We recommend ordering in advance via our Online Store or by calling us at (804) 224-8687. On-site consumption is not allowed and tastings are not being offered. Please allow adequate time for us to receive and process your order. (See guidelines above for our current Tasting Room polices.)
2) Curbside Pickup: Want to “grab and go”? Curbside pickup is available! Curbside pickup orders must be placed in advance. Customers may order via our Online Store or by calling us at (804) 224-8687. When ordering online, choose “Pickup” upon checkout and call us after ordering to schedule your pickup. Then call us when you arrive at our parking area and we’ll bring the wines to your car!
3) Shipping: Prefer to have our wines delivered right to your door? We can ship wine to over 35 states! Shipping is available to VA, MD and CA through our Online Store, and to additional states through Vinoshipper (view list of states). Shipments to VA and MD usually take one business day. All deliveries will be sent via UPS. An adult signature is required for delivery. Shipments may be sent to a UPS Store if you prefer.
4) Local Delivery: We are temporarily offering local delivery to Westmoreland and King George Counties. There will be a delivery fee of $15 for orders of 3-11 bottles; free delivery for orders of 12+ bottles. Orders may be placed on our Online Store by selecting “Local Delivery” at checkout. We will call you to schedule your delivery. (This offer only available for residents of Westmoreland and King George Counties. Offer valid thru May 22, 2020.)
5) Wine Club: Want to learn more about wine and enjoy some great perks and discounts? Then consider joining our Estate Club! We offer quarterly releases of 3, 6 or 12 bottles, available for either pickup or shipping. Club discounts are available on all orders. Gift memberships are also available. Learn more