COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Updated 1/26/20 at 3pm
Ingleside takes the health and safety of our customers and staff very seriously. We continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. We have created this page to keep you updated of our current policies. Please read our updated guidelines below before visiting us.
Please Note: During the month of January 2021, our Tasting Room will be open Friday thru Sunday only. UPS shipping will still be available and orders may be placed online. Curbside pickup will be available during the week on a limited basis – after placing your pickup order online, call or email us using the instructions in your receipt to schedule a pickup.
- Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more. Please call 804-224-8687 to make a reservation. (See below for seating info.)
- We now offer self-guided tasting flights for $12 each, which includes a 1 oz. tasting of 5 wines and a souvenir glass. (Choose from all red, all white or mixed.)
- Bottle sales are available daily. Select wines will be available by the glass.
- Our staff will be wearing face coverings for your protection while serving you.
- Face coverings are required for all visitors over 5 years old. Visitors must wear face coverings in indoor areas at all times – and outdoors when social distancing of 6 feet or more cannot be maintained. Face coverings may be removed while eating or drinking at your table. Visitors must provide their own face coverings. (Please read Virginia’s Amended Executive Order 63.)
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more is required while moving about the winery, when purchasing wine and when using restrooms.
- Groups are currently limited to 10 people or less, including weddings and private events.
- Disposable plastic cups will be provided for glass sales. Ingleside logo glasses may also be purchased at a reduced rate of $2 per glass and must be taken home after your visit.
- Be aware that our restrooms may be available at reduced capacity due to social distancing requirements.
- Contactless billing is preferred. We recommend creating an account on our website with a card on file. If you are a club member, you will already have an account.
- Our staff will be cleaning high-touch areas and restrooms regularly throughout the day.
- Carry-out and curbside pickup are still available.
- Socially-distanced seating will be available in our outdoor courtyard, as well as several other outdoor spaces. We do offer some covered outdoor areas in case of rain. We have several fire pits, as well as a few outdoor propane heaters. During winter, indoor seating is also available in our heated Pavilion. (Please keep in mind that our seating capacity will be more limited than normal due to social distancing.)
- Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more. Please call 804-224-8687 to make a reservation.
- Please allow time for us to clean tables and chairs between seatings.
- In order to minimize staff exposure, guests are asked to clear their tables of all trash before leaving. (Trash cans are conveniently located throughout. Empty bottles may be placed in the blue recycling bins.)
- Guests are welcome to bring their own food or a picnic lunch. (Please remember that outside alcohol is not permitted due to ABC licensing.)
- We have a limited stock of cheeses, sausages and crackers available for sale. Our Picnic Packs include one cheese, one sausage and one box of crackers for a reduced price.
- Upcoming events will be announced as they become available. Check our Events at the Winery page to view our event schedule.
- Our guest cottages, The Pointe and Summerton, are now open again for reservation. Please call us at 804.224.8687 to make a reservation.
How can you help?
- In order to keep everyone safe, we ask you to please not visit if you are sick or have been knowingly exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
- Please follow Virginia’s face covering guidelines while visiting us. (Read the Amended Executive Order 63)
- We encourage visitors to wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible.
For the safety of our staff and other guests, please do not visit if you have experienced a fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, or have known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days.
These guidelines are subject to change as additional information is received from federal or state leadership. We thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. Your support and patronage, as always, are much appreciated!
Ways to purchase our wine now:
1) Visit our Tasting Room: Our Tasting Room is currently open daily for bottle sales and tasting flights. Select wines will be available by the glass. If you would like to pick up wine to go, you may also order in advance via our Online Store or by calling us at (804) 224-8687 and we can have your wines waiting for you. Please allow adequate time for us to receive and process your order.
2) Curbside Pickup: Want to “grab and go”? Curbside pickup is available! Curbside pickup orders must be placed in advance. Customers may order via our Online Store or by calling us at (804) 224-8687. When ordering online, choose “Pickup” upon checkout and call us after ordering to schedule your pickup. Then call us when you arrive at our parking area and we’ll bring the wines to your car!
3) Shipping: Prefer to have our wines delivered right to your door? We can ship wine to over 35 states! Shipping is available to VA, MD and CA through our Online Store, and to additional states through Vinoshipper (view list of states). Shipments to VA and MD usually take one business day. All deliveries will be sent via UPS. An adult signature is required for delivery. Shipments may be sent to a UPS Store if you prefer.
4) Local Delivery: We are temporarily offering local delivery to Westmoreland and King George Counties. There will be a delivery fee of $15 for orders of 3-11 bottles; free delivery for orders of 12+ bottles. Orders may be placed on our Online Store by selecting “Local Delivery” at checkout. We will call you to schedule your delivery. (This offer only available for residents of Westmoreland and King George Counties.)
5) Wine Club: Want to learn more about wine and enjoy some great perks and discounts? Then consider joining our Estate Club! We offer quarterly releases of 3, 6 or 12 bottles, available for either pickup or shipping. Club discounts are available on all orders. Gift memberships are also available. Learn more