COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Updated 6/18/21 at 2:30pm
Ingleside takes the health and safety of our customers and staff very seriously. We continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. We have created this page to keep you updated of our current policies. Please read our updated guidelines below before visiting us.
- Our Tasting Room is currently open 7 days a week from 12-6pm through Labor Day. After Labor Day, we will be open from 12-5pm daily.
- We are following updated guidelines from the CDC and Virginia’s Governor Northam:
- If you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, a face covering is not required, indoors or outdoors. Social distancing is also no longer required among fully vaccinated individuals. Full vaccination is defined by the CDC as 2 weeks after receiving the second dose of a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or 2 weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
- If you are not fully vaccinated, face coverings are required for all visitors over 5 years old. Non-vaccinated visitors must wear face coverings indoors at all times – and outdoors when social distancing of 6 feet or more cannot be maintained. Face coverings may be removed while eating or drinking at your table. Visitors must provide their own face coverings. Social distancing of 6 feet or more is required while moving about the winery, when purchasing wine and when using restrooms.
- Bottle sales are available daily and select wines will be available by the glass. Self-guided tasting flights are also available (see below for more info).
- Disposable plastic cups will be provided for glass sales. Ingleside logo glasses may also be purchased at a reduced rate of $2 per glass and must be taken home after your visit.
- Please be aware that our restrooms may be available at reduced capacity due to social distancing requirements.
- Our staff will be cleaning high-touch areas and restrooms regularly throughout the day.
- Curbside pickup is still available. After placing your order online, call us to schedule a curbside pickup.
Reservations & Seating:
- We offer socially-distanced seating in several outdoor areas. Some covered outdoor areas are available in case of rain. During fall and winter, we offer several fire pits, as well as several outdoor propane heaters. Indoor seating is also available upon request. (Please keep in mind that our seating capacity is more limited than normal due to social distancing.)
- All tables are pre-arranged with proper social distancing – customers should NOT move tables or chairs.
- Courtyard seating: Seating for groups of 5 or less is available daily on a first-come, first-serve basis. On Saturdays and Sundays, reserved tables under our covered outdoor areas are available for groups of 6 or more for $5/person by advance reservation. Please call to reserve. (48 hours cancellation notice is required for refunds.) Courtyard seating for groups of 13 or more will require special accommodation – please call us at 804-224-8687 for more info.
- Outdoor Vineyard & Annex seating: All seating in our other outdoor locations is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- In order to minimize staff exposure, guests are asked to clear their tables of all trash before leaving. (Trash cans are conveniently located throughout. Empty bottles may be placed in the blue recycling bins.)
- We offer self-guided tasting flights for $12 each, which includes a 1 oz. tasting of 5 wines and a souvenir glass. Estate Club members will receive a 10% discount on flights. (Choose from all red, all white or mixed.)
- Food trucks are available on select weekends. Check our Events at the Winery page to view view our upcoming food truck schedule.
- We offer a limited stock of cheeses, sausages and crackers for sale. Our Picnic Packs include one cheese, one sausage and one box of crackers for a reduced price.
- Guests are also welcome to bring their own food or a picnic lunch. (Please remember that outside alcohol is not permitted due to ABC licensing.)
- Upcoming events will be announced as they become available. Check our Events at the Winery page to view our event schedule.
- Our guest cottages, The Pointe and Summerton, are now open again for reservation. Please call us at 804.224.8687 to make a reservation.
How can you help?
- In order to keep everyone safe, we ask you to please not visit if you are sick or have been knowingly exposed to anyone with COVID-19. If you are fully vaccinated, you should not visit if you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days or if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. (Learn more)
- Please follow our face covering guidelines while visiting us (see above).
- We encourage visitors to wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible.
For the safety of our staff and other guests, please do not visit if you have experienced a fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, or have known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days.
These guidelines are subject to change as additional information is received from federal or state leadership. We thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. Your support and patronage, as always, are much appreciated!
Ways to purchase our wine now:
1) Visit our Tasting Room: Our Tasting Room is currently open daily for bottle sales and tasting flights. Select wines will be available by the glass. If you would like to pick up wine to go, you may also order in advance via our Online Store or by calling us at (804) 224-8687 and we can have your wines waiting for you. Please allow adequate time for us to receive and process your order.
2) Curbside Pickup: Want to “grab and go”? Curbside pickup is available! Curbside pickup orders must be placed in advance. Customers may order via our Online Store or by calling us at (804) 224-8687. When ordering online, choose “Pickup” upon checkout and call us after ordering to schedule your pickup. Then call us when you arrive at our parking area and we’ll bring the wines to your car!
3) Shipping: Prefer to have our wines delivered right to your door? We can ship wine to over 35 states! Shipping is available to VA, MD and CA through our Online Store, and to additional states through Vinoshipper (view list of states). Shipments to VA and MD usually take one business day. All deliveries will be sent via UPS. An adult signature is required for delivery. Shipments may be sent to a UPS Store if you prefer.
4) Local Delivery: We are temporarily offering local delivery to Westmoreland and King George Counties. There will be a delivery fee of $15 for orders of 3-11 bottles; free delivery for orders of 12+ bottles. Orders may be placed on our Online Store by selecting “Local Delivery” at checkout. We will call you to schedule your delivery. (This offer only available for residents of Westmoreland and King George Counties.)
5) Wine Club: Want to learn more about wine and enjoy some great perks and discounts? Then consider joining our Estate Club! We offer quarterly releases of 3, 6 or 12 bottles, available for either pickup or shipping. Club discounts are available on all orders. Gift memberships are also available. Learn more